Wednesday 15 July 2015

A Groovi Lady!



Been neglecting my poor old blog for ages now, but a lovely lady persuaded me to enter the Clarity Stamp Challenge, so here is my submission for Challenge 29 Anything goes....






This was my first attempt at using the new Groovi plate system from Clarity. I used the smallest embossing tool to draw around a Clarity stencil of the lady. Then I used one of the smaller "mates" to decorate her dress. I don't have many of the mates or borders yet, but enjoyed the challenge of being limited in choice. I embossed a sheet of parchment with the leaves plate, and then fussy cut them out and used them as the "garden" behind her. 

Originally, I had planned to create a scene on a card or canvas, so I stamped and white embossed some tree, benches and she was going to be walking her dogs, but I didn't like it and began to faff, so I abandoned that idea, but used the leafy parts of the trees to cut a spiral and rolled them up to create  flowers, one of which is at her feet ! So, another happy accident, and I'm determined not to waste my other parchment pieces so watch this space!!


I coloured the parchment on the back using Spectrum Noir Pencils and Alcohol Markers, and then white embossed the" May flowers always line your path" stamp from Clarity, which is one of my favourites, and again used the same mate and border to decorate the banners.

Have a good day all...and thank you for looking.... 

Chris xx


25 comments:

  1. Very delicate nicely done well done with the parchment work I have this stencil but still not used it good luck in clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you crafty....I've had the stencil a while, but only just got round to using it !! xx

      Delete
  2. A very pretty design it looks very well made. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you entering this month's challenge Chris - what a fab piece of artwork!
    Isn't it great "when accidents happen" and you discover a different way of using things! Look forward to finding out how you use the other parchment pieces. I'm a firm believer in not wasting anything!
    Good luck in the challenge :-) Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. ..it was all down to you! xx

      Delete
    2. Sorry..Carole. ..predictive text! x

      Delete
  4. Crafting is not supposed to be stressful so it is much better to go with the flow. You have created a delicate piece of artwork. Would make a wonderful wedding day gift. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley....I do tend to faff, but once I decided not to include all the pieces I'd made it all fell into place really...but wasn't what I had in my head! xx

      Delete
  5. Chris, you project if beautiful. So delicate and pretty. Congratulations on your lovely piece. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely delicate project, Chris. Wishing you success in this month's challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh!...deleted by accident...was trying to say Thank you Shelagh! xx

      Delete
  7. A lovely example of parchment work Chris. Thank you for joining the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela..had a lovely day with Barbara today at the Crowborough retreat! Xx

      Delete
  8. I love your take on this month's theme with the parchment. What lovely work. Wishing you the best of luck in the challenge. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Emma, I feel really encouraged as I know how beautiful and delicate your work is! Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Chris, glad you decided to enter the challenge. This is beautiful, so delicate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lynne, your box was lovely too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete