Friday 26 April 2013

La Dame aux Cammelias in glass...a possible Clarity Challenge entry No 2 !

Hello Crafters...a friend is arranging a surprise Art Deco theme birthday party for her Mum in June. As part of her decorations she had an idea to put tea lights in recycled glass jars on all the tables. I suggested maybe we could decorate them...and landed myself the task of thinking up how to do it !!!

A while ago I saw Sheena demonstrating stamping and colouring on Acetate on Create and Craft, so I thought lets try that.......
I
 
 
I didn't have any acetate, but I found some overhead projector A4 sheets left over from my Drawing Office days, and thought this would probably be better because it would cope with the heat of the tea lights. I cut the film to fit the various sizes of glass jars. I didn't have any Stayzon so I used a black Archival inkpad to stamp the lovely Clarity stamp "La Dame aux Camellias" and dried it briefly with a heat gun. I coloured the image on the reverse side with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, I tried Promarkers but they didn't show up very well...or maybe I just have palers colours in Promarkers !   I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to using bright colours, but the brighter the better in this case. I found the alcolhol markers slid around a bit on the film, especially on larger areas, like the dress and the sky, but I quite like the effect when the ink is dry. I adhered the film to the jars with 3mm red line tape...and added a tea light !!  It's quite difficult to take a decent photograph of them, they look more effective the darker it gets, and I'm pleased to say my friend was thrilled with them..only another 100 to go ...lol  !  I may enter them into the 2nd Clarity In the Garden Challenge. Hope you like my latest offering, as I'm not the most prolific blogger, and thank you for taking the time to look xx
 
p.s These were my first offerings, and I didn't like the screw thread at the top of the jar showing, so the next ones I did, I made the film cover come further up, so that when they're lit they don't look so much like glass jam jars !!!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. They look really effective and will look lovely on the tables, I don't envy you doing another 100 though, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, they look fantastic. Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck. If you really have that many, can I suggest waterslide decal paper, I have used for glasses and candles. If you have any questions just send me a message I would be happy to talk you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes now this is right up my street love this stamp and the tea lights look stunning with it.....well done and good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, Naomi and Bernie for your lovely comments, Naomi, I've never heard of waterslide decal paper before, so any help would be really appreciated thanks xx

      Delete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8XuJ0Z3bbQ, Chris this is the link to a you tube video showing how to do and the company I bought it from. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete