Saturday 2 March 2013

More of what I've been up to lately !....a little vase..

                                             More of what I've been up to lately !.....
 
 
Hello all... so..I was rinsing out this soup can...and saw..a little vase !! We have a sort of mini Music Festival here in Kent where I live, over the course of a weekend in July. On the Saturday, we like to take a picnic table which we cover with a nice tablecloth, and lay out our picnic.One year we really went to town and had a candelabra, but I thought this was a bit OTT, so last year we just had a plastic drinks bottle covered with floral paper with a little fresh flower posy in the middle of our table. So, when I saw the empty soup tin on the draining board I thought perhaps something could be done with it, so this year ,this might be our table centrepiece, hopefully, it will be a bit more stable than the plastic bottle !!
 
 
 
 
I gave the tin a couple of coats of Gesso, decorated it with the paper napkins and Melt pot flowers as before, and added some Stampendous Powder Blue Fragments, I did do some stamping, but it didn't show up very well. I think I'll need to varnish the inside though, as theres a few rust spots starting to show, unless anyone has any other suggestions, any
advice gratefully received !
 
 
Thanks for looking !! xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment